1/16/09

A wip and an epiphany

This is another animation im working on at the moment. It will change, as ive determined i lost the direction of the subtext part way through, by trying to push a dramatic reaction. He will hurriedly run off when he looks at the phone now, not be upset. but heres the animation anyway.



But I have come to a great epiphany in the way that I work. I always feel like I do 90% of the work the first day or two when I work on a sequence, then I make little to no progress for weeks, or even months, working on it. This is because I never know when to call it finished. I'm always "polishing" but i really don't know how to polish. SO it never ends. And Ive realized I don't really need to do much more with it to finalize the animation. This combined with making sure I have a number of small projects in the chamber to keep my work fresh Ive been making more progress in the past week then I did in a month before. I will be thinking alot more about how I work and what I can do strengthen my workflow.

I really am feeling much better about my work after realizing this and will help me on my way to become a more confident animator.

No comments: